PotentQ provides rapid semi-automatic modelling of a single magnetic and/or gravity anomaly. A specially formulated inversion scheme generally requires no user intervention.
The PotentQ extension provides rapid semi-automatic modelling of a single magnetic and/or gravity anomaly.
PotentQ is a simplified and streamlined version of Potent, the Geophysical Software Solutions (GSS)’s mainstream potential field modelling tool. The model consists of a single body chosen from one of seven possible geometries.
Speed is achieved through close integration with Geosoft Oasis montaj. A highly streamlined modelling interface builds on the simplicity arising from the single anomaly/single body configuration. A specially formulated inversion scheme generally requires no user intervention.
Use PotentQ to:
- Rapidly model a well-defined anomaly, either on a profile or a map, using a single body.
- Model up to three gravity and magnetic components (simple or gradient) simultaneously.
- Select from a broad range of body types including: rectangular prism; ellipsoid; sphere; polygonal prism (2D or finite length); cylinder (possibly with sloping end); slab (2D or finite length); dyke (2D or finite length).
- Identify an anomaly in Oasis montaj, model it (including a depth and dip determination) and post the result back to an Oasis montaj map in less than a minute.
- Work with multi-component down-hole data.
- Include remanent magnetisation and anisotropic susceptibility.
- Streamline your workflow by integrating your modelling with Oasis montaj.