This GeoStudio Tech Talk demonstrates how SLOPE3D can be used to explore the effect of geological structure, such as faults and discontinuities, on the stability of an open pit.
The following steps are demonstrated in this webinar:
- Dynamically connecting a GeoStudio project to a Leapfrog geological model via Seequent’s Central;
- Transforming the geological model to map into the GeoStudio coordinate space;
- Creating background meshes to define geological structures such as faults;
- Using these background meshes to define weak surfaces that capture the effect of the geological structure on stability; and
- Interpreting the results of the 3D stability analysis.
Director of Geotechnical Analysis – GeoStudio