The course uses hands-on activities to demonstrate key considerations for data preparation, testing acquisition hypotheses with forward modelling, auxiliary parameters for inversion setup, best practices for constrained and unconstrained inversions. Participants will have the opportunity to create models during and after the workshop using VOXI TDEM Earth Modelling.
Registration includes complimentary access to everything you need for the course, including Oasis montaj, EM Utlities extension and subscription to VOXI Earth Modeling.
2 x 4hr sessions (run over 2 days = 8hr)
What will the course cover?
Overview of Time Domain Electromagnetics
- How to quantify, calculate and reject noise in TDEM Data
- Calculating Decay Constants (Tau)
- Using the new visualization tools for TDEM decays
Core concepts to TDEM inversion
- TDEM System Configurations
- Data and Error selections
- Waveform and Time Channels
TDEM Forward Modelling
Forward modelling workflow
TDEM Inversion Modelling
- Unconstrained inversion workflow
- Building constraints
- Constrained inversion workflow
What take-aways will I get from the course?
- Comprehensive session notes
- Common workflow ‘cheat sheets’
- Certificate of completion
What should I have?
- Please have your own laptop with the latest version of Oasis montaj installed, as well as a mouse and charger
- A stable internet connection (https://www.speedtest.net/)
- A secondary screen is highly recommended