In this course participants will learn to plot and visualize resultant data as pseudo-sections, work with the data in 2D and 3D.
The second part of the course uses hands-on activities to demonstrate key considerations for data preparation, testing acquisition hypotheses with forward modelling, auxiliary parameters for inversion setup, best practices for constrained and unconstrained inversions. Participants will have the opportunity to create models during and after the workshop using VOXI IP and Resistivity Earth Modelling.
Registration includes complimentary access to everything you need for the course, including Oasis montaj, IP extension and a subscription to VOXI Earth Modeling.
2 x 4hr sessions (run over 2 days = 8hr)
What will the course cover?
Oasis montaj IP Module
Importing IP 2D & 3D Data & Defining Array Specifications
- Setting up database for IP and Georeferencing IP Data (Local & Projected Coordinate Systems)
- QC and Import of Topographic Models, Integration with other Geoscience data.
- Quality control
- Reverse Polarity
- Outlier Rejection
- Identify Null coupling
- QC by contributing electrode
- QC Offset surveys
- QC Inline survey
- IP Processing tools – Apparent Resistivity Calculation
- Pseudosections, stacked sections and 3D IP Views
- Plotting and exporting results
Introduction to VOXI and core concepts to VOXI DCIP
- IP System Configurations
- Data and Error selections
- Mesh setup
DCIP Forward Modelling
- 3D Forward modelling workflow
DCIP Inversion Modelling
- Inverting for Resistivity and Chargeability
- Unconstrained inversion workflow
- Building constraints
- Constrained inversion workflow
What take-aways will I get from the course?
- Comprehensive session notes
- Common workflow ‘cheat sheets’
- Certificate of completion
What should I have?
- Please have your own laptop with the latest version of Oasis montaj installed, as well as a mouse and charger
- A stable internet connection (https://support.goto.com/meeting/system-check)
- A secondary screen is highly recommended