This course uses hands-on activities to demonstrate survey planning, calculating drape survey altitudes, statistical reporting. The course will cover several quality control tests: Altitude Deviation, Flight Path Deviation, Flight Line Separation, Flight/Tie Intersection Difference, Diurnal Drift Checks, Sensor Data Noise. Participants will learn how to batch apply QC to datasets and visualize the QC results. Participants will also take away an overview of current best practices and general airborne survey considerations during geophysical survey planning and data acquisition.
Tools for processing and enhancing airborne geophysical surveys will be covered, with focus on topics in: Applying Corrections, Tie-Line Levelling techniques and Microlevelling data.
Registration includes complimentary access to everything you need for the course, including Oasis montaj, Geophysics, Airborne QC and Levelling extensions.
2 x 4hr sessions (run over 2 days = 8hr)
What will the course cover?
Introduction to Oasis montaj
- Oasis montaj Environment, Windows and Toolbars
- Working with Databases, Maps and Grids
- Oasis montaj Airborne QC module
Planning Flight Paths
- Creating a Survey Plan
- Creating a Draped Survey Altitude
Statistics and QC Tools
- Generating Statistics of Survey Data
- Calculating Total Survey Line Distance
- Altitude Deviation
- Flight Path Deviation
- Flight Line Separation
- Sample Separation
- Flight/Tie Intersection Differences
- Diurnal Drift
- Sensor Data Noise
- Batch Apply QC
- Plot QC Results
Analyze Airborne QC
- Calculate Deposit Response
- Overview of Airborne Geophysical Surveys: General Considerations
- Applying Corrections
- Applying Lag and Heading Corrections
- Base Station Corrections
- IGRF Corrections
- Overview of Tie Line Leveling
- Careful Levelling
- Empirical Levelling (Microlevelling)
What take-aways will I get from the course?
- Comprehensive session notes
- Common workflow ‘cheat sheets’
- Certificate of completion
What should I have?
- Please have your own laptop with the latest version of Oasis montaj installed, as well as a mouse and charger
- A stable internet connection (https://support.goto.com/meeting/system-check)
- A secondary screen is highly recommended