This remote learning course will provide you with the fundamental skills to get the most from SLOPE/W and SEEP/W.
All GeoStudio trainers are qualified geotechnical engineers.
9 Sessions (5 – SLOPE/W Sessions and 4 – SEEP/W Sessions) run over 2 days (9 hours)
Who is it suitable for?
- New users who would like a solid understanding of the basics before getting started
- Current users who feel they need a better understanding of what GeoStudio can do
- Those who are interested in GeoStudio, and would like to try before they buy
What will the course cover?
- Basic theory and features of SLOPE/W and SEEP/W
- Methods of analysis
- Geometry creation
- Material properties and boundary conditions
- Slip surface options
- Finite element meshing
- Example workflow of a SLOPE/W analysis
- Example workflow of a SEEP/W steady-state and transient analyses
- Integration of SEEP/W pore-water pressure in SLOPE/W
- 2 – 2 hour live Q&A sessions with GeoStudio trainers for each product
What will I get from the course?
- Downloadable resources
- Certificate of completion
What should I have?
- Please have your own laptop with the latest version of GeoStudio, as well as a mouse and charger
- A stable internet connection (https://support.goto.com/meeting/system-check)
- A secondary screen is highly recommended
- Prior to your course, you will be contacted via email with instructions for accessing a GeoStudio subscription for the duration of your training, along with the required resources