This instructor-led training provides you with the fundamental skills to get the most out of the GeoStudio Core products, particularly for investigating slope stability and groundwater flow. Attendees can attend for 2 days or for the full 3 days, as outlined below, with lunch, coffee and snacks provided throughout.
All GeoStudio trainers are qualified geotechnical engineers.
2 days (14 hours)
3 days (21 hours)
Who is it suitable for?
- New users who would like a solid understanding of the basics before getting started
- Current users who feel they need a better understanding of what GeoStudio can do
- Those who are interested in GeoStudio, and would like to try before they buy
What will the course cover?
What will the 2-day course include?
- Fundamental limit equilibrium and groundwater flow theory
- Methods of analysis and geometry creation in GeoStudio
- Methods for setting up strength and hydraulic material properties
- Review of the available hydraulic boundary conditions
- Defining your finite element mesh
- Example analysis workflow
- Integration of finite element pore-water pressures in limit equilibrium stability analyses
What will the 3-day course cover?
- The previously listed course materials from the 2-day course
- Fundamental stress and deformation theory
- Staged construction and consolidation analyses
- Integration of finite element stresses in limit equilibrium stability analysis
What will I get from the course?
- Downloadable resources
- Certificate of completion
What should I have?
- Please have your own laptop with the latest version of GeoStudio, as well as a mouse and charger
- Prior to your course, you will be contacted via email with instructions for accessing a GeoStudio subscription for the duration of your training, along with required resources downloaded