This 3-day training course will provide you with the fundamental skills to get the most out of the GeoStudio Core products (SLOPE/W, SEEP/W, and SIGMA/W).
All GeoStudio trainers are qualified geotechnical engineers.
*Note – all in-person training is currently on hold until COVID travel restrictions are lifted.
3 days (21 hours)
Who is it suitable for?
- New users who would like a solid understanding of the basics before getting started
- Current users who feel they need a better understanding of what GeoStudio can do
- Those who are interested in GeoStudio, and would like to try before they buy
What will the course cover?
- Basic theory and features of SLOPE/W, SEEP/W, and SIGMA/W
- Methods of analysis
- Stress and deformation
- Geometry creation
- Material properties and boundary conditions
- Slip surface options
- Staged construction
- Finite element meshing
- Slip elements
- Reinforcement fundamentals in SLOPE/W
- Probability and sensitivity
- Beams and Bars
- Example workflow of a SLOPE/W analysis
- Example workflows of a SEEP/W steady-state and transient analyses
- Example workflow of a SIGMA/W analysis
- Integration of SEEP/W pore-water pressure in SLOPE/W
- Integration of SIGMA/W finite element stresses in SLOPE/W
What will I get from the course?
- Downloadable resources
- Certificate of completion
What should I have?
- Please have your own laptop with the latest version of GeoStudio, as well as a mouse and charger
- Prior to your course, you will be contacted via email with instructions for accessing a GeoStudio subscription for the duration of your training, along with required resources downloaded