When will View be retired?
View will be retired and no longer accessible (for data or public embeds) from August 2021. Exact retirement dates will be communicated closer to the time.
When will uploading to View be stopped?
From May, upload to Seequent View from Leapfrog will be no longer available.
What will happen to my data stored in Seequent View?
In August 2021, when View is fully retired and the services are shut down, your data on our servers will be deleted. To get a copy of your data before it is deleted, contact: [email protected].
What will happen to my publicly embedded Views?
Any public Views (website embeds or shared web links) will be available until the moment View is retired. After August 2021, they will be unavailable to be viewed.
Can I get a copy of my data?
If you would like to get a copy of the data that you have stored in View before August 2021, please contact our support team via [email protected].
What is Web Visualisation?
Seequent web visualisation is a new Cloud capability which allows any organisation with Central to share a model with someone, directly in a web browser. It is a Seequent Evo capability which is currently available via Central.
Isn’t that what View does?
Web Visualisation offers a lot more functionality. You can access all of your project data and history in the Cloud. In Central, you will have much more control over the data in 3D with more tools to interrogate it.
What are the key benefits of Web Visualisation in Central?
- Work with larger datasets. There is no limits on project sizes and the size limit of single objects has been significantly increased. Objects are loaded in a staged way so you can see just what is important to you.
- More control of properties and the slicer. We have enhanced the tools you need so that the visualisation is geared towards geoscience. Additional properties give you more control over each object and the slice plane has enhanced capability.
- Multi-select workflows. Web Visualisation has been designed for use with large datasets with many objects. Multi-select workflows have been designed from the beginning so that users can quickly see their data the way they choose.
- Easy to use. The great thing about Web Visualisation is that it’s easy for anyone to use. There’s no need to install anything. Stakeholders can now become part of the project, view and interrogate data, and comment on the model without needing to learn Leapfrog or Oasis montaj.
- Setup for organisations. Central is deployed for your organisation rather than an individual. For a company this means all your data is in one place and not tied to an individual’s account.
- Access control and auditability. The detailed permissions and event log in Central ensure that you have a clear understanding of who has access.
Do you have to be a Seequent Central user to use Web Visualisation?
Currently, yes. This means you can control who has access to the Web Visualisation. We are currently working towards adding new capability to invite guest users to Central which will enable simple sharing with stakeholders.
Will I be able to do public embedding?
Not currently, but it is on our roadmap to enable this. The difference with Web Visualisation is that you have more security around who can and can’t view your project, using Central’s access control.
Who can I contact if I have questions about the retirement of View?
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].