This GeoStudio TechTalk demonstrates how to explore the effect of joint orientation on the calculated factor of safety using 2D and 3D analysis for an excavation or open pit.
This webinar demonstrates the following:
• The compound strength material model for defining joint sets;
• How dip and dip direction are captured in 2D versus 3D stability analyses;
• 2D stability analysis of excavation given varying joint parameters;
• 3D stability analysis of extruded excavation cross-section given varying joint parameters; and
• Comparison of the 2D and 3D stability results.