All Leapfrog Geothermal trainers are qualified geoscientists/engineers and class sizes are kept small to create a productive learning environment.
Who is it suitable for?
- New users who would like a solid understanding of the basics before getting started
- Current users who would like to use Leapfrog more often, but feel they need a better understanding of what Leapfrog Geothermal can do for them
- Those who are interested in Leapfrog Geothermal and would like to try before they buy
What will the course cover?
- Basic functions and workflows
- Navigating the user interface
- Importing and visualising well data
- Well data validation and error fixing*
- Data preparation – grouping well data*
- Creating a topography surface
- Basic geological modelling
- Integrating multiple data types into a geological model*
- Dynamic model updating
- Building a model with no wells using cross sections
- Visualising and numeric modelling from geophysical data (MT data)
- Visualising time-dependent geophysical data
- Building cross sections
- Well planning
- Reservoir simulation integration
- Numeric modelling
- Fault modelling*
- Presentation outputs (images, scenes, movies, Views)
- Data and model management and collaboration workflows with Central
*Additional topics covered in the 3-day Leapfrog Geothermal Fundamentals course
What take-aways will I get from the course?
- Comprehensive session notes
- Common workflow ‘cheat sheets’
- Certificate of completion
What should I bring?
- Please bring your own laptop with the latest version of Leapfrog Geothermal and a 3D graphics card installed, as well as a mouse and charger
- Your trainer will contact you with instructions for accessing and downloading a Leapfrog licence for the duration of your training
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided