The course combines the very latest estimation software Leapfrog Edge, with industry expertise in developing robust estimates.
Who is it suitable for?
- The course is designed primarily for mining and resource geologists who are already involved in developing resource estimates and wish to learn about estimation using Leapfrog Edge.
- No previous experience in this software is required but a background in resource estimation using other 3D modelling software is preferred, though not essential.
- The course is not an advanced geostatistics course, though the fundamentals of a geostatistical approach to estimation will be taught.
What will the course cover?
The Masterclass will include a series of theoretical presentations and discussions on the key aspects of estimation eg. QA-QC, statistical data analysis, domaining, grade capping, variography, QKNA, estimation, validation and classification.
These subjects will be interspersed with real world examples using Leapfrog EDGE with the final aim of producing a validated, classified and robust resource estimate.
- Importance of geology in all aspects of resource estimation and domaining
- Importance of QA-QC of data
- Exploratory data analysis
- Variogram selection and fitting
- Estimation strategies and methods
- Block model validation
- Classification strategies
What take-aways will I get from the course?
- Improved operational efficiency
- Reducing risk inherent in any mineral resource estimation by producing robust estimates associated to your geological domains.
- How to use modern, operationally efficient software to produce robust resource estimates.
What should I bring?
- Leapfrog Edge software will be used for the practical sessions.
- Please bring your own laptop (with a 3D graphics card installed) and charger. All training software and licenses will be provided.