This private, remote learning course will provide you with the fundamental skills to get the most from SIGMA/W.
All GeoStudio trainers are qualified geotechnical engineers.
4 pre-recorded sessions, plus 1 – 2 hour live session (9 hours)
If you are brand new to GeoStudio, we recommend completing the GeoStudio Basics online learning pathway prior to this training.
Who is it suitable for?
- New users who would like a solid understanding of the basics before getting started
- Current users who feel they need a better understanding of what GeoStudio can do
- Those who are interested in GeoStudio, and would like to try before they buy
What will the course cover?
- Basic theory and features of SIGMA/W
- Methods of analysis
- Geometry creation
- Material properties and boundary conditions
- Finite element meshing
- Example workflow of a SIGMA/W analysis, including In Situ, Consolidation, Stress Correction, and SRS analyses
- 1 – 2 hour live Q&A session with GeoStudio trainers
What materials will I get from the course?
- Downloadable resources
- Comprehensive session notes
What will I need?
- A computer is required, and we recommend having a second monitor for the training, as well as an external mouse. The minimum computer specifications for running GeoStudio can be found here: https://www.seequent.com/help-support/system-requirements/geostudio/
- A stable internet connection (https://support.goto.com/meeting/system-check)
- Prior to your course, you will be contacted via email with instructions for accessing a GeoStudio subscription for the duration of your training, along with required resources