This public, remote learning course will provide you with the fundamental skills to get the most from SEEP/W.
2 x 4hr sessions (run over 2 days = 8 hours)
Who is it suitable for?
- New users who would like a solid understanding of the basics before getting started
- Those who are interested in SEEP/W and would like to try before they buy
What will the course cover?
- Basic theory and features of SEEP/W
- Methods of analysis
- Geometry creation
- Material properties and boundary conditions
- Finite element meshing
- Brief introduction to SEEP3D
- Example workflow of multiple SEEP/W analyses, including, but not limited to:
- Steady-state and transient groundwater flow problems
- Modeling drains
- Axisymmetric groundwater flow to pumping well
- Exit gradients
What materials will I get from the course?
- Comprehensive session notes
- Example files and documentation
- A certificate of course completion
What will I need?
- A computer is required, and we recommend having a second monitor for the training, as well as an external mouse. The minimum computer specifications for running GeoStudio can be found here: https://www.seequent.com/help-support/system-requirements/geostudio/
- A stable internet connection (https://support.goto.com/meeting/system-check)
- A secondary screen is highly recommended
- Prior to your course, you will be contacted via email with instructions for accessing a GeoStudio subscription for the duration of your training, along with required resources