- This event has passed.
UX-Analyze Fundamentals – Remote
23 March 2021 @ 1:00 pm to 26 March 2021 @ 5:00 pm EDT
This workshop is an introduction to advanced geophysical classification (AGC) using UX-Analyze. Participants will learn how to import and process data from both dynamic and static surveys. Participants are expected to have a working knowledge of Oasis montaj.
Using advanced EM data from a dynamic survey, you will:
- Process Instrument Verification Strip (IVS) data
- Prepare and quality control (QC) survey data
- Perform Informed Source Selection (ISS)
- Identify potential source and flag locations
- With advanced EM data from a static survey, you will:
- Perform Sensor Function Tests
- Perform Background Location Validation Tests
- Prepare and process IVS data
- Prepare and quality control
- Background Location Data
- Survey Data
- Process and Analyze
- Validate a site library
- Classify and Rank sources
To make the most of this course, please ensure you have a stable internet connection, and a secondary screen is highly recommended.
Presenter Information: Laura Quigley, Technical Analyst, Seequent
Laura received her Bachelor of Science degree in Geophysics from Memorial University in Newfoundland and Masters of Science in Geophysics from the University of Toronto.
Her professional career started with Fugro Airborne Surveys, processing and interpreting airborne geophysics data. She then worked for a marine seismic company where she participated in a number of research cruises to Greenland.
After completing her Masters degree in 2013, Laura moved to Australia where she worked for the University of Queensland on seismic projects for unconventional coal seam gas development, then moved to the Queensland University of Technology where she spent several years researching geodynamical processes through analogue modelling. Laura returned to Toronto, Canada in January 2020 to join Seequent as a Technical Analyst.