- This event has passed.
Practical Mineral Resource Estimation Techniques – Remote Masterclass, SRK Consulting and Seequent
6 October 2020 @ 8:30 am to 9 October 2020 @ 12:30 pm PDT
Join us in this instructor-led remote course that represents a unique collaboration, providing industry-leading applied resource estimation from SRK Consulting with world-class geological modeling and estimation software from Seequent. The course will be taught by experienced SRK consultant, Matt Hastings (Principal Resource Geologist) and Seequent Senior Project Geologist, Peter Oshust.
Attendees are provided an introduction in the use of practical estimation concepts and techniques to generate robust mineral resource estimates. Topics are focused on essentials needed for practitioners to consider during mineral resource estimation. Attendees will learn to make decisions and produce results that can be validated and reported in a manner consistent with industry standards.
Duration: 4 x 4hr sessions (run over 4 days = 16hr)
Maximum Capacity: 10 Participants
What will the course cover?
• Data validation, exploratory data analysis, domain analysis, spatial continuity analysis using variography, block modeling, practical estimation techniques, model validation, and reporting of mineral resources.
• All applied analyses and estimation concepts are presented by SRK, while Seequent will be on-hand to answer specific software-related questions.
• Leapfrog Geo Fundamentals Course (or sufficient working knowledge of Leapfrog Geo). Must have basic concepts of geologic modelling and resource domaining.
• Resource Estimation experience: This short course is not a traditional software training course but utilizes the advantages and intuitive nature of Leapfrog Geo and Edge to demonstrate and perform all analyses, estimation, and reporting of mineral resources.
What take-aways will I get from the course?
• Comprehensive session notes
• Common workflow ‘cheat sheets’
• Certificate of completion
What should I have?
• Please have your own laptop with the latest version of Leapfrog Geo and a 3D graphics card installed, as well as a mouse and charger
• A stable internet connection (https://support.goto.com/meeting/system-check)
• A secondary screen
• Your trainer will contact you prior to your course with instructions for accessing a Leapfrog subscription for the duration of your training, if necessary
Please note this course is now full. To be added to the waitlist, please email [email protected].