Oasis montaj – 2D Filtering – Remote
8 September 2021 @ 8:30 am to 12:30 pm PDT
Working with magnetic or gravity data? Join us in this instructor-led remote course and learn how to extract more information from the data you already have and how to transform your data into higher order interpretive products.
Become an expert in the new redesigned 2D Filtering workflows in Oasis montaj. Learn how to rapidly process and enhance your magnetic and gravity data by applying a wide range of robust geophysical filters and transforms.
Working with real survey geophysical data this short course will focus on core concepts:
- Interactive filtering and building customer filters
- Matched Filtering and equivalent depth calculations
- Calculating and understanding power spectrums
- A refresher on the most common filters and transforms (vertical and horizontal derivatives, analytic signal, tilt angle derivative and depth, reduction to pole, apparent susceptibility & apparent density, de-corrugation and directional filters)
What I get from the course?
- Comprehensive session notes
- Common workflow ‘cheat sheets’
- Certificate of completion
Registration includes complimentary access to everything you need, including Oasis montaj, and a subscription to 2D Filtering.
To make the most of this course, please ensure you have a stable internet connection, the latest version of Oasis montaj installed (9.10 or higher), as well as a mouse and charger. A secondary screen is highly recommended.
Geoff Plastow, Senior Geophysicist at Seequent
Geoff is a professional Geophysicist with over 15 years’ experience in mining exploration and applied geophysics with an educational background in Computer Science and Geophysics. He started his career processing and interpreting near-surface seismic data contributing to the National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program in Canada.
Moving into exploration Geopshyics, he has experience with airborne and ground geophysical data specializing in Electromagnetic, Potential Fields and Radiometric techniques. Geoff has been using Oasis montaj for over 10 years and is an active member of the Geophysical community and the Geosoft GX Development Community.
In 2018, Geoff joined Seequent and is based in Vancouver, Canada. In his current role as Senior Geophysicist he contributes to training, project assistance, and supporting users globally.