This course will provide you with the fundamental skills to process, visualize and interpret surface and drillhole data within Target for ArcMap.
Participants will learn to use key surface mapping tools, including importing data and assigning projection information, symbolising point data, and creating and displaying gridded data and contours.
The course also focuses on quickly and easily creating Quick Maps and shape files for plan maps, section maps, fence diagrams, strip logs and 3D views. Working with prepared drillhole projects, participants will explore additional topics for managing, mapping and modelling drillhole projects.
• Registration includes complimentary access to Target for ArcMap for the duration of the course.
4 x 4hr sessions (run over 4 days = 16hr)
- Esri ArcMap 10.7 or 10.7.1 installed and licensed
- A working knowledge of the ArcMap environment.
What will the course cover?
Mapping Surface Data
- Creating an MXD and Adding Data
- Displaying Data
- Creating Gridded Data
- Creating Geosoft Contours
Managing Drillhole Data
- Creating a Drillhole Project and Importing Data
- Working with Geosoft Databases and Profiles
- Using QA/QC Tools
- Creating Composite Databases
- Using Drillhole Data Management Tools
Mapping Drillhole Data
- Selecting Drillholes
- Creating a Plan Map
- Creating a Section Map
- Creating a Fence Diagram
- Creating a Strip Log
- Creating a 3D Map
- Creating Voxels
- Creating Isosurfaces
- Creating a Lithology Voxel and Contact Surface from Geology
- Extracting Slices from a Voxel
- Creating an GDB and Adding a Feature Class
- Digitizing Interpretations on Section Maps
- Editing Feature Classes
What take-aways will I get from the course?
• Comprehensive session notes
• Common workflow ‘cheat sheets’
• Certificate of completion
What should I have?
- Please have your own laptop with Esri ArcMap 10.7 or 10.7.1 installed and licensed, as well as a mouse and charger
- A stable internet connection (https://support.goto.com/meeting/system-check)
- A secondary screen is highly recommended